Questions about RoboCup Junior Soccer Lightweights

Good evening, I am a member of the RoboCup Junior Soccer Lightweights. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1、 Do we have to submit a presentation video or presentation sheet for the world competition? If so, how long does it have to be?

1. I would like to know how the Technical Challenge and Super Team will be held, if it is decided, as far as I can tell.

Thank you very much.

Hello @Morichi ,

yes, there will be submission deadlines before the actual RoboCup starts.

If you are competing in RCJ Soccer LightWeight or Open League, or in the RCJ Soccer Simulation Challenge, then you will be able to submit a video presentation & team description paper until June 22st. The video presentation will be shared with the other teams, so you can get to know each other. The requirements and rubrics for the video will be shared with you tomorrow via E-Mail.

Also, for teams competing in the RCJ Soccer Simulation Challenge 2021, the code submission deadline is on June 14th! We will share the submission link with you tomorrow via E-Mail.

And yes, there will be Technical Challenges and SuperTeam Challenges during RoboCup week. Again, the details and the schedule will be shared with you via E-Mail tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Best wishes
and best of luck in the upcoming competitions!

Thank you
I’m looking forward to the competition.

I was told that I would receive an email with details of the competition, including documents to submit, but I haven’t received one.
Has that email been sent out yet? If so, to whom will it be sent?

also same i didn’t receive any email and we don’t have time please let us know ASAP , rescue league purplish all the document needed seance month ago ,

Hi @Morichi,

As @dankel mentioned above, there are actually two emails going out this time around:

1. RCJ Soccer Simulation Challenge 2021: the email has been sent yesterday to the email of the mentor registered during Qualifications.
  2. RCJ Soccer LightWeight or Open League: the email has been sent just about now, also to the email of the mentor of your team, as registered via the CVENT interface.

If you haven’t received any of these emails, please let me know and I’ll do my best to sort it out.

Thanks!

– Marek

Hi @omor.osama,

Similarly to what I mentioned to @Morichi above, the email your mentor has registered with should have received an email (or even two) already. If that’s not the case, please let me know and I’ll try my best to sort it out right away :slight_smile:

You are very much right – they are way better at organizing things than we are. Hopefully, we’ll still make it and the whole thing will end up being quite a bit of fun :slight_smile:

If you’d like to help out, we could use all the help we can get, especially around thinking about remote-enabled Technical Challenges: Call for Suggestions: Technical Challenges

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Thank you for your reply.
I would also like to ask you some questions.
1, Is it permissible to edit the video within 3 minutes of presenting the robot?
If it is not allowed, is editing such as adding subtitles also not allowed?

1. Is there any plan to broadcast this competition on YouTube or other media?

3、How many countries and teams will participate in this RoboCup Junior Soccer Lightweights?

4, When is the deadline for the call for proposals for the Technical Challenge?

Thank you very much.

Hello @Morichi,

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to here to be honest :).

We assumed all the videos will be pre-recoded, hence I am not sure what would “editing the video within 3 minutes of presenting” mean in practice. Could you please describe it in a bit more detail?

We will do most of the broadcasts internally (on the Gather.Town platform) and it may be that the RoboCup Federation will later put some of these videos on their YouTube channel but always with explicit consent of the team in question.

We still do not know the final numbers but our expectation is about 20 teams from roughly 20 countries.

The start of the RoboCup 2021 Worldwide event, that is, the 22nd of June, 2021 :slight_smile:

Thank you for your questions! Should you have more of them, please feel free to ask them here.

Thanks!

Sorry.

1.Can I edit the presentation video, which is one of the documents to be submitted?
If not, can I edit the video by adding subtitles, etc.?

Hi @Morichi,

Ah, I see now. Yes, please feel free to utilize the video format as much as you’d like to (be it via editing and/or adding subtitles and so on) – that’s actually one of the reasons why we opted for it, as it allows for potentially greater expression of creativity :slight_smile:

Good luck!

– Marek

Thank you for taking the time to answer so many questions.
I’m looking forward to the convention!

Excuse me for repeating myself.
Is there a difference between the “team video” that is submitted in advance of the conference and the “poster session” that will take place during the conference?

Hi @Morichi,

No worries at all, this is what we are here for!

No no, they are the same thing.

Please feel free to keep the questions coming!

– Marek

Thank you!

Do I always have to use LaTeX or Word to create a TDP?
We would like to use Keynote.

Hi @Morichi,

In principle, feel free to use any tool that works for you! Please just keep in mind that the P in TDP stands for “Paper” and hence it should look a bit more like a text document rather than a presentation :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Hello! I am representing the Aperture team.
We didn’t receive any email from CVENTS talking about the video presentation and the TDP(Team Description Paper), so we would like to know if someone is able to resend that for us. We have already paid for the inscription earlier.
Please send it ASAP here: vinicius.nicassio@docente.objetivo.br

Hi @Henrique_Kado,

Interesting, team Aperture did receive the first newsletter (at least that’s what our records show).

I’ll forward the first newsletter to the email address you’ve mentioned regardless.

Thanks!

– Marek

I have a question.
I know the super team assignment has already been announced, but have the members of the super team been chosen yet? If so, I’d like to know as soon as possible.

Hi @Morichi,

That is correct, we’ll send out relevant emails very soon :slight_smile:

Thanks!

– Marek