Questions about RoboCup Junior Soccer Lightweights

I have a question about LW.1 Technical Challenge.
Are there any penalties if the robot leaves the line?

Hi @Morichi,

No, there are no penalties in this case :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Thank you for your reply.

Unlike the usual rule, the robot doesn’t have to stop at the line, right?

Yes, that’s correct :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

What does the interview entail?

Will there be a translator for the interview ?

What about Technical Challenge 1, did the robot need to score goals in a row?

Hi @Morichi

It’s a quick discussion about the team’s solution for a given challenge. Nothing major :slight_smile:

By default, we expect everyone not to need one. Should a translator be required, please let us know well in advance so that we can arrange that.

I am not sure what you mean precisely, but yes, the idea is to shoot as many goals as possible, so a ton of goals in a row.

Hope this helps!

– Marek

We are the SG-Re_X of the Lightweight League. We need a translator who understands Japanese for our interview.
Thank you for answering our many questions so politely.

Hi @Morichi,

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll see what we can do :slight_smile:

My pleasure, that’s what we are here for :slight_smile: Feel free to ask about anything else that does not immediately make sense.

Thanks!

– Marek

Hi @Morichi

We need a translator who understands Japanese for our interview.

Thank you for your declaration! I speak Japanese and let us know the time/date slots in which you need a translator beforehand!

I strongly recommend you to try to speak/write English by yourself as much as possible. But I understand that’s hard a little bit for a while. If you need a quick text translation, this wonderful Machine Learning translator would be a great option: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator. Check it out!

Hikaru
Gather.Town: [STC]Hikaru

I understand.
I’ll try my best without a translator.

1 Like

Does the performance of the interview change the score of the technical challenge?

Can I use materials and other explanations in the interview?

Hi @Morichi,

No, it does not. The technical challenge will be scored separately from the interview.

Sure, just please make sure the whole interview presentation needs to fit within the 5 minute slot.

Thanks!

– Marek

I think our challenge video will be played during the Technical Challenge 2 interview.
Is the time limit of 3 minutes including the video?

Hi @Morichi,

In total, feel free to speak for about 5 minutes in total, so that 5 teams of 5 minutes can nicely fit into a 30 minute slot.

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Are only the first place individual results presented? Also, if possible, I would like to know the breakdown of individual grades

Hi @Morichi,

Please send me a direct email and I would be happy to share the breakdown for your individual team.

Thanks!

– Marek

I understand.
Have you received any direct mail from me?

Hi @Morichi,

Thank you, I have indeed responded to it already :slight_smile:

Thanks!

– Marek