Use of Huskylens for line tracking

I am asking if Huskylens can be used for line tracking. Huskey lens is an AI machine vision sensor camera. This sensor has the ability to detect and follow lines automatically, can it be used for this competetion ?

1 Like

Hi @moaelkhodbia,

Sorry for the late reply.
This camera feature violates 3.2.2 and cannot be used.

“3.2.2. Teams are not permitted to use any commercially produced robot kits or sensors components that are specifically designed or marketed to complete any single major task of RoboCupJunior Rescue. Robots that do not comply will face immediate disqualification from the tournament. If there is any doubt, teams should consult the RoboCupJunior Rescue Committee prior to the competition.”

Best,
Naomi
2022 committee

1 Like

Hi Naomi,
what if we use the camera for other uses, such as object detection and code it ourself so basically just using the values that the camera outputs such as the position of an objects? therefore it is just acting like another sensor by just giving an output.
just to make my self clear I am aiming to use it for color detection (the green turns) and blob detection,
for international rescue and locating the victim.

1 Like

Hi @Pashmam,
object detection is also considered to be one of the major tasks of RoboCupJunior Rescue. Output of the camera are just raw values in each pixel, so this is what you are allowed to use to code your own object detection, line following or similar algorithm.

Hope this clears things up. Good luck!
Matej

2 Likes

Hi @Matej
Thanks for your answers but I’m still slightly confused. Does that mean we can not use it? Again we will train it and program it to locate the balls and also to detect green squares.

1 Like

Hi @Pashmam,
you are allowed to use the camera, but aren’t allowed to use any of the additional features other cameras wouldn’t have.

2 Likes

Hi to all,
in this post (PixyCam2 Approval for Rescue Line - #4 by kaijunge) it says it is allowed to use the Pixy Camera. What is the difference to the Huskylens? I think, there is non.
It is NOT possible to route the robot directly from the camera. You have to interpret the vector coming by I2C from it.
There is no possibility just to plug in the camera and the robot will drive along.
You have to teach the camera. You have to interpret the dates coming from the camera. You have to program, what the robot has to do.
It won´t be easy to use it.
Please think about your decision.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day
Andreas

1 Like

H @IGSKaufungen,

As @Matej answed, We are allowed to use that camera however we aren’t allowed to use any of the additional features other cameras wouldn’t have.

Best,
Naomi
2022 Committee

1 Like