Rescue Simulation : 4.6.16 Total score

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Simulation Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueSimulation2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have a question.

Rescue Simulation
4.6.16. The final score is made up of a weighted sum of normalized scores from the robot and the rubrics score as such:

The given formula states “SUM OF NORMALIZED ROBOT SCORES”, is this correct? With this calculation, as the number of competitions increases, the ratio of “RUBRICS SCORE” keeps decreasing.

The rules of Rescue Line also contain a similar calculation formula.

Rescue Line
4.6.15. The final score is made up of a weighted sum of normalized scores from the field score and the rubrics as such:

This uses the “Mean of Normalized Field Scores” which uses the average value.

The meaning of the calculation formula is not consistent in Rescue Simulation and other rescue competitions. Is it okay to leave it as it is?

Regards,
MASA

Hey @MASA,

thank you for bringing this up.

We already talked about this topic and are planning to reword the formula.

The way we calculate the score, the “sum of normalized robot scores” and “mean of normalized scores” will be normalized scores as well, which is not apparent from the way we worded it.
Meaning that the weight of the runs will not differ, based on the number of runs. The max score (best team score) will always be 1.

We are planning to release a more detailed spreadsheet that showcases the calculation with some arbitrary test values.

Regards,
Alexander
2023 Committee

Hello @Alex98

Thank you reply.

We already talked about this topic and are planning to reword the formula.

So, currently the calculation formula for the TOTAL SCORE written in the rules is incorrect, is that right?
Will the TOTAL SCORE formula in the rules for not only Rescue Simulation, but also Rescue Line and Rescue Maze be changed?

Regards,
MASA

MASA,

The formula is correct. As Alex said, we’ll just reword it somewhat and clarify it further with sample calculation with arbitrary scores.

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank yopu reply.
but I don’t understand your answer.

The formula is correct.

You wrote that the “formula is correct.”
Which formula is the “correct formula”?
Is it the formula for 4.6.16 in Rescue Simulation rules?

Alexander wrote

We are planning to reword the formula.

Please show the correct formula.

Regards,
MASA

As Alex indicated, we’ll provide a calculation scenario, and will be released with the final version.

Hello @elizabeth.mabre

Thank you reply.
but, I haven’t received a valid answer

my question is simple.
Is the formula for “TOTAL SCORE” in rule 4.6.16 correct?
If it is not correct, please show the correct formula

Regards,
MASA

The committee is currently working on creating a doc for further clarification. Thank you for your patience.