Rescue Simulation 2.4.3 The colors of the connection tiles

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Simulation Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueSimulation2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have some questions.

2.4.3. Division of Areas
The colors of the connection tiles are as such:
• Between Area 1 and 2: Blue
• Between Area 2 and 3: Purple
• Between Area 3 and 4: Red
• Between Area 4 and 1: Green

The content of this rule does not match the first picture of the rule.

for example
The connecting tiles of Area 2 and Area 3 are purple in the rules and red in the picture.
Which is correct?

The connecting tiles of Area 1 and Area 3 are not written in the rules.
Similarly, the connecting tiles of Area 2 and Area 4 are not written in the rules.
Shouldn’t these areas be connected?
(In the picture above, Area 1 and Area 3 are connected by purple tiles.)

Regards,
MASA

Hey MASA,

first of all, thank you for being so active and asking a lot of questions.

I can understand that the rules are somewhat confusing in this regard.
The picture we used for the scenario section is still from the old rules with 3 rooms. As in the 2nd image on page 3 (sample area 4), a red and green tile are used for the connection to the 4th room, as also described in 2.4.3.
We will think about replacing the image with an updated graphic, but I can’t promise this.

Regarding area 2 and 4 not having a connecting tile; yes area 1 and 3, as well as area 2 and 4 are not supposed to be connected directly, which is why the definition for the connecting tiles is “missing”.

Best,
Alexander
2023 Committee

Hello @Alex98

thank you reply.

The picture we used for the scenario section is still from the old rules with 3 rooms.

This is a rule, so pictures that do not comply with the rules should not be posted.
Please replace it with a picture that conforms to the rules.
or,It should be annotated with “This picture is an old rules picture and does not conform to the current rules”

Regarding area 2 and 4 not having a connecting tile; yes area 1 and 3, as well as area 2 and 4 are not supposed to be connected directly, which is why the definition for the connecting tiles is “missing”.

2.2.1.3. All areas are connected by a passage of one standard tile in width.
Since all areas are written to be connectable to each other, they mistakenly believe that area 1 and area 3 are also connectable.

Regards,
MASA