Rescue Maze: use of "letter recognition libraries"

Hello

I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Maze Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueMaze2023RulesFinal.pdf)
and I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Simulation Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueSimulation2023RulesFinal.pdf)

so I have a question.

Rescue Simulation
3.6.3. Any software specifically designed to complete any single primary task of RoboCupJunior Rescue, e.g., any letter recognition libraries such as Tesseract or EasyOCR, etc., will be prohibited.

Rescue Simulation prohibits the use of “letter recognition libraries” such as Tesseract and EasyOCR.
The Rescue Maze rules do not mention the use of “letter recognition libraries”.
Can the team use “letter recognition libraries” such as Tesseract or EasyOCR with Rescue Maze?

Regards,
MASA

Hi Masa,

"…Can the team use “letter recognition libraries” such as Tesseract or EasyOCR with Rescue Maze?.. "

No. it is not allowed in Maze.

– Elizabeth
RCJ 2023 Committee

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank you reply.

No. it is not allowed in Maze.

I understand
Then, please write a rule for Rescue Maze prohibiting the use of any letter recognition libraries.
(Same as 3.6.3 of Rescue Simulation rule)

Regards,
MASA

Hmm… I recalled it used to say something along the line… " Any pre-existing libraries which target to solving the challenges presented in the game will be prohibited. " Unfortunately, I could no longer find the statement…Anyhow, this will be another added item in the 2024.

Elizabeth Mabrey
2023 Committee