Rescue Maze : continuous ramp

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Maze Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueMaze2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have some questions.

If two ramps are placed continuously on the Rescue Maze course, would they be counted as “one ramp” or “two ramps”?

Rescue Line has the following rule, but there is no equivalent rule for Rescue Maze.

2.7.3. More than one tile may be used to build one ramp up or down. Despite the number of tiles used in the construction, the ramp will be scored as one ramp as it takes from one level to another.

If the robot passes through two consecutive ramps, would it be counted as 10 points or 20 points?

Regards,
MASA

Hello @MASA ,

It will count as 10 points. Even though we don’t have the same rule in Maze as in Line, we have this wording in the Rescue Maze rules:

4.6.8 Successful Up or Down Ramp Navigation. A robot is awarded 10 points for successfully navigating up or down a ramp (i.e., the robot can score a maximum of 10 points per ramp). The robot has successfully navigated through the ramp when it moves from the bottom to the top tile (or vice-versa) and is entirely within the horizontal tile without toppling over.

So you can consider that a ramp can be constructed with multiple tiles and still be awarded a maximum of 10 points.

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hello @Dieguinilombrin

Thank you reply.
I understand.
As with the Rescue Line, two consecutive ramps mean one ramp but two tiles.

As shown in this picture, when two ramps are connected and a speed bump is installed on the lower ramp (ramp-A). What happens when the robot enters the lower ramp (ramp-A) to get a speed bump score?
I think there are two ways.
(1) The robot advances to the upper ramp (Ramp-B)
or
(2) robot moves back to the bottom tile
Is this correct?

Regards,
MASA

Hi @MASA,

You are correct :slight_smile: as long as it visits (half robot inside the tile) Ramp (A), the robot will receive the speed bump score when visiting any other tile, in this case, bottom or Ramp (B).

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hell @Dieguinilombrin

Thanks for your answer.
I understand.

Regards,
MASA