Rescue Maze 2.2.2.b Colored tiles

Hello
I read Rescue Maze 2023 rules.
RCJRescueMaze2023Rules.pdf (Last updated: 2023-05-21)

so, I have a question.

2.2.2.b. Coloured tiles will be placed randomly at the start of each game.

I would like to know the meaning of this rule sentence.

There is a similar description in the Rescue Simulation rules.

Rescue Simulation 2023
2.3.2. Silver tiles will be placed randomly at the start of each game.

When I asked the meaning of this rule on the forum, I got the following answer. → here

because the silver tile will be placed at a various location from one round to another.

I don’t understand this answer.

In Rescue Maze
I tentatively place the colored tiles according to rule 2.2.2b.
Perform final placement according to rules 4.3.7 and 4.3.10.
I think that means.

Is my thinking correct?
Or is it the same idea as Rescue Simulation?

Regards,
MASA

Hello @MASA ,

Rule 2.2.2.b is there to make it clear to the teams that the coloured tiles doesn’t have a specific location on the field. These tiles can be placed anywhere in the field and as many as the field creator desires. This has helped us in the past due to teams thinking some coloured tiles always need to be in a specific place (for example, teams thinking that a checkpoint was required before and after a ramp).

With rules 4.3.7 and 4.3.11, we also clarify that the placement of the coloured tiles may be different between teams on the same round and it will depend on the dice result. The field creator designs the fields with this in mind and makes sure to make it as fare as possible with all the possible configurations but changing these tiles right before the play help us to prevent premapping of the fields.

Hope this helps!

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hello @Dieguinilombrin

Thank you reply

Rule 2.2.2.b is there to make it clear to the teams that the coloured tiles doesn’t have a specific location on the field.

Rule 2.2.2.b says “at the start of each game”, so the color tiles may be placed in different places in each game.
(In other words, even in the same round, the positions of the colored tiles on the competition field of TesmA and teamB may not be the same.)
Is this correct ?

Regards,
MASA

Hi @MASA,

As described above, with rules 4.3.7 and 4.3.11 we clearly explain that they might not be the same for TeamA and TeamB and it will vary based on a dice that will be rolled before each game. I explicitly called your example to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hello @Dieguinilombrin

Thank you reply

but,My question is about the interpretation of 2.2.2.b.
What does “at the start of each game” in Rule 2.2.2.b mean?

Regards,
MASA

Hi @MASA ,

You can look at my first response for that interpretation. I will close this thread as it clearly states what are the scenarios that could happen and what the teams should prepare for. Going back and forth in the exact words used for the rules might end up creating confusion for the participants.

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee