Rescue Line 2.7.3 continuous ramp

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Line Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueLine2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have some questions.

2.7.3. More than one tile may be used to build one ramp up or down. Despite the number of tiles used in the construction, the ramp will be scored as one ramp as it takes from one level to another.

If two ramps are installed consecutively, a robot will earn 10 points for climbing both of them (the score for one ramp).
If a speed bump is installed on the first ramp, at which point will the score for the speed bump be counted?
Is it when the robot enters the second ramp or when it climbs the two ramps and reaches the horizontal top tile?

Regards,
MASA

1 Like

Hello @MASA ,

According to the rule 4.6.1, the scoring of hazards like speed bumps, gaps and debris are awarded when the robot has reached the next tile in the sequence. So if a speed bump is installed on the first ramp, the speed bump points are awarded once it reaches the second ramp. To expand on your escenario to create more clarity, if the robot has a lack of progress on the second ramp (before reaching the horizontal top tile), the speed bump hazard points are scored, but the ramp hazard score is not awarded.

4.6.1. A robot is awarded points for successfully navigating each hazard (gaps in the line, speed bumps, intersections, dead ends, ramps, obstacles, and seesaws). Points are awarded per hazard when the robot has reached the next tile in sequence.

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hello @Dieguinilombrin

Thank you reply.

So if a speed bump is installed on the first ramp, the speed bump points are awarded once it reaches the second ramp.

I understood your answer well. So, if there are two consecutive ramps, they should be treated as one ramp, but the number of tiles remains two, right?

Regards,
MASA

1 Like