Questions about Obstacles

Will obstacles always be on a completely straight line or can they also be on lines with turns or curves?

Dear rmickey42,

The obstacles may be located anywhere, both on a straight line, a curve or beside the lines. The only limitation is that the obstacle will never cross more than one line (since the robot can’t know how the line is turning below the obstacle). An intersection is considered as several lines, and hence the obstacle can’t be placed straight over an intersection.

Points are awarded for each negotiated obstacle. I.e. if two obstacles is located in the same tile the team will earn 20p. But the points is awarded when the robot continue to follow the line in the next tile.

// Fredrik Löfgren, TC and OC member 2016 / 2017

What will the clearance be around an entire obstacle?

Hi gammingguy747!

Maze or Line? Or other?

// Fredrik Löfgren, TC & OC member 2016 / 2017

It is the rescue line challenge.

Hi gammingguy747!

We don’t specify the size of the obstacle. The robot should detect the obstacle and follow it around.

However the most narrow passages that the robot should be able to handle during the full course is

Hi!
I saw that you mentioned earlier that the obstacles may be located anywhere, so I was wondering what is the minimum distance that the obstacle could be away from the walls along the side.
Thank you,
21AmanWadhwa

Hi!

There is no minimum distance. The obstacle can be placed adjacent to a wall.

// Fredrik Löfgren, TC and OC member 2016 / 2017