Question of Rescue Simulation 2023 No.2

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Simulation Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueSimulation2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have some questions.

Q.1
4.6.3 Figure

What does ‘Hazard Maps’ mean? It’s written as ‘Hazard Maps Score’ on the right side of this figure. Is it a mistake for ‘Hazmat signs’?

Q.2

4.6.5. Victim misidentification (VMI). Suppose a robot identifies the victim’s location as greater than half the tile size away from the true position.

Is misidentification limited to disaster victims?
Although it’s not written in the rules, is there also the possibility of misidentification with Hazmat signs?

Q.3

4.6.8. Area multipliers (AM).
a. The scores for VI, VT, and CN obtained in each of the three areas will be multiplied by a unique multiplier. The multipliers are 1, 1.25, 1.5, and 2 for areas 1, 2, 3, and 4, respectively.

It says ‘three areas’ here, but isn’t it a mistake for ‘four areas’?

Q.4

b. The multipliers are 2, 2.25, and 2.5 for area 4 respectively.

What does 4.6.8.b indicate?
The multiplier for Area 4 is written in 4.6.8.a.
I don’t understand what 4.6.8.b represents.
Could you please explain the meaning of 4.6.8.b?

Q.5

c. For Area 4
i. Simply fill area 4 elements with arbitrary values (any character). This includes the border of area 4.

Since it’s hard to visualize even when reading the rules, could you provide an example of the output of the map information for Area 4, like in 4.6.10.d?

Q.6

4.6.11. Ties in scoring will be resolved based on each Robot’s time to complete the game.

4.6.18. Ties in scoring will be resolved based on the game time.

Although the wording is slightly different, aren’t these two rules overlapping each other?

Regards,
MASA

Hello @tlinnemann

Please answer my question about the Rescue Simulation rules.

Regards,
MASA

for Q1: you are correct, it should be “Hazmat Signs”.
for Q2: I do believe misidentification should be able to both letter victims and HazMat Signs. I want to double check again with the Sim development team; and I’ll update you shortly.
for Q3: correct… it should have said four areas.
for Q4: Again I want to double check again with the Sim development team; and I’ll update you shortly.
for Q5: Yes, I’ll work with the Sim development to produce a sample, and add that to the final version.
for Q6: 4.6.11 and .18 indeed do overlap. Will be updated in the final version.

– Elizabeth Mabrey
2023 Committee member

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank you reply

for Q1: you are correct, it should be “Hazmat Signs”.
for Q3: correct… it should have said four areas.

I understand.

for Q2: I do believe misidentification should be able to both letter victims and HazMat Signs. I want to double check again with the Sim development team; and I’ll update you shortly.
for Q4: Again I want to double check again with the Sim development team; and I’ll update you shortly.

Please let me know the confirmation result.

for Q5: Yes, I’ll work with the Sim development to produce a sample, and add that to the final version.
for Q6: 4.6.11 and .18 indeed do overlap. Will be updated in the final version.

Please add and make revisions to the information for the final version of the rules.
When is the final version of the rules expected to be released?

Regards,
MASA

Q2 and 4:

• 4.6.5 : Victim and HazMat Signs Misidentification (VMI) .

What constitutes misidentification:

• identify a hazmat sign as a victim or vice versa.
  • identify the victim’s or hazmat’s location as greater than half the tile size away from the true position.
  • identify a victim or hazmat sign when there is none

What does not constitute misidentification:

• identify a victim when reports a wrong type, e.g. it is an “H”, but the robot reports “U”. It is an “U”, the robot reports a “H”, etc.

About final update release: Update will take place collectively along with other sub-leagues. Let me get a estimated date for that and post it here.

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank you reply

I understand about Q2 from your answer.

Q2 and 4:

The answer to Q4 has not been written.
Please answer Q4.

Regards,
MASA

sorry about that… Trying to post answers 2am in the morning… Thought I answered it.

4.6.8. will be removed.

– Elizabeth Mabrey
2023 Committee member

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank you reply

you wrote

4.6.8. will be removed.

Rule 4.6.8 reads as follows:

Your answer is to remove the “Area multipliers (AM)” from the rules?

Regards,
MASA

As the 4.6.8.b seems to be a duplicate. The committee will post some update. Best to wait for that update. Whatever the update is, it won’t impost any “new” rule, but just some correction and mainly clarification with samples, etc…

Hello @elizabeth.mabrey

Thank you reply
but I don’t understand your answer.

you wrote

4.6.8. will be removed.

Isn’t this a update of the rules?

you wrote

The committee will post some update. Best to wait for that update.

I want you to tell me the correct rules.
Are the correct rules still under discussion?

Regards,
MASA

Sorry for the typo…

4.6.8.b The multipliers are 2, 2.25, and 2.5 for area 4 respectively.

This one will be removed.

4.6.8.a … stays