Question about steps and visible rescue kit deployment

Hello everyone,

i have two simple questions.

How many steps can be on each other at most?

“The deployment of the rescue kit may not be scored if it is not clearly visible to the referees (see 1.6.6).” - Should we show to the refree that how does it work, or how?

Best,
Csaba

Hi @Rui,
STEP : I think there may be 2 steps in each “STEP”.
However we are discussing now.
So please wait until official rule publishing.

Rescue kit
When your robot distributes a rescue kit while scoring run, it have to be visible to the referee.
When the kit is distributed from under the robot(every year I saw such robot in world competition), it is hidden by the robot, so the position where the rescue kit has dropped is unknown. Some referees will not score your robot.
We want to score peacefully.
Of course, showing you how to distribute the rescue kit to the referee before the scoring run will help the referee judge.
However, it is most important that anyone can see the rescue kit clearly.

Is my answer enough?

Best,
Naomi

1 Like

Dear Naomi,

your answer is enough. Thank you for your reply!

Best,
Csaba

How large can be a step?

-> NEW 2.4.7 Stairs on path X 30 cm. space and maximum height is 2 cm.

In pag. 8 of 15 there is a scheme of the plate. I understand that the plate MUST be large as the width of the path.
So if the path is, for example, 30 cm., the plate must be 30 cm. large.
Am I correct?

In the rule the maximum height is 2 cm., in the scheme is <2cm. What of the two?

Thank you in advance, arigato.

Hi @PeterParker,

So if the path is, for example, 30 cm., the plate must be 30 cm. large.
Am I correct?

Correct!
However, considering the ease of installation, it is physically impossible to get a perfect fit, so it might be a little smaller. Also please refer: 2.7.6 All measurements in the rules have a tolerance of ±10%.

In the rule the maximum height is 2 cm., in the scheme is <2cm. What of the two?

This won’t be a practical problem either, given the tolerance.
However, your point is make sense, and it has been corrected in the 2021 rule that is being developed.

Thanks,

Ryo
RCJ Rescue TC/OC 2020

PS. Wow! You know Japanese :slight_smile: Well… I should say “doitashimashite”!

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick answer!

1- Just a detail: a tolerance of ±10% can have the effect to be in presence of a path large cm. 33 and a stair large cm. 27? It is an extreme situation, of course, but can happen?

2- The plates of the stairs are fixed to the ground and each other or are they not completely fixed as checkpoints and black tiles?

Mata na, arigato!

PS I studied nihon-go at Venice university for a period, but it was the previous millennium! Seems to be a century ago :wink: Now I remember only a bit of grammar and kanji :wink:

Hi @PeterParker,

Thanks for your question!

1- Just a detail: a tolerance of ±10% can have the effect to be in presence of a path large cm. 33 and a stair large cm. 27? It is an extreme situation, of course, but can happen?

Yes… It can happen, the rules say…
But it is not the intent of the rules to intentionally create such situations.

2- The plates of the stairs are fixed to the ground and each other or are they not completely fixed as checkpoints and black tiles?

It should be fixed to the floor like speed bumps. However, it is not fixed with a screw, so it will not be prevented from moving when a very strong force is applied. Build a field-friendly robot!

Best,

Ryo
RCJ Rescue TC/OC 2020

PS. Oh! You learned that a long time ago! But it’s okay! I’m sure you’ll remember it soon enough! :wink:

1 Like

1- After reading the 2020 final official rules I deduce that the number of steps in a staircase can be more than two.

2- If a staircase has, for example, 3 steps of cm. 2 each, the wall along all the length of the staircase must be minimum cm. 21 (tolerance excluded).

3- A staircase with 3 steps can have, for example, a step height cm. 1, another cm. 2.2 (due to tolerance) and the last one on the top cm. 1.9.

Am I right?

Thank you in advance for sharing our passion for Rescue Maze competition!

@PeterParker,

Don’t worry.
We will use only 2 steps in 2020 world competition.

Because this is the first year for step.

However the 2020 competition have been postponed, so we will use only 2 steps in 2021 Borduex competition.

Naomi

Thank you, domo arigatou gozaimasu.