Question about number of participations in international events (3.3.7)

Hello everyone!

I had a question regarding the rule of the number of participation in international events, according to what is mentioned in the final rules, section 3.3.7

As I understand, if a student has participated twice in the Rescue Line league (for example, Montreal 2018 - Rescue Line and Sydney 2019 - Rescue Line), they must move to another sub league.

But, what happens if a student has participated in another league of the RoboCup Junior competitions? (For example, Montreal 2018 - OnStage Preliminary and Sydney 2019 - Rescue Line). Does this mean they are allowed one more participation in Rescue Line or should they also move to another sub league?

Thanks in advance for your response

Hi @thekcrs,

The rule is saying…

3.3.​7 Team members may compete in Rescue Line twice (2 international events). After competing in Rescue Line twice, they must move to another RoboCupJunior subleague.

This is mentioning only Rescue Line.
So in your situation (Montreal 2018 - OnStage Preliminary and Sydney 2019 - Rescue Line), you can participate in Rescue Line at Bordeaux 2020 (if your team are qualified by your region). This is because you have participated in Rescue Line(international competition) only once in the past.

I hope this answer helps.

Best,

Ryo
2020 RCJ Rescue TC/OC

1 Like