Question about heat sensing for robots

Hi Naomi,

Because I am on the LOC in Australia, I am getting questions regarding Rescue Maze. I need to redirect them. They are mostly about how to do things. Can you please direct me to some resources? The question in particular has come from France: it asks:

Stéphane Brunel (sbrunel3@gmail.com) sent a message using the contact form at https://www.robocupjunior.org.au/contact.

Hello dear Colleague.
I’m a robocup junior manager in France.
Just one question. We have got many problem to find the hot spot technology.
What solutions do you use for hot spots in maze?
Best regards

please help me if you are able and remember we are about education, not competition.

What do you mean by hot spot?

The victim heater is usually a 4x4cm Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier (One side gets cool and the other gets hot)
For the temperature sensors, MLX90614, TPA81 and TPA64 are the most used ones.

I only tried MLX90614 and TPA81. TPA81 is a lot better, but also more expensive. I guess TPA64 should me similar.

Thank you for forwarding inquiries from France.
Is this French manager Mentor?
Or Organizer?
If this French questioner was a mentor, this question would be a question about a sensor to discover a hot victim. Onireves 1 replies about it. Thanks Onireves 1.
If the questioner is an organizer, this question will be about the material of the hot affected person.
After 2016, we use thermal victims using Peltier elements in the world competition. Do you want to know more about how to make it?
Which one?

Would you advise questioners to post technical questions directly to the forum?
Please give this questioner the address of Junior Forum.

Thank you.
Naomi

Thank you for your advice. :slight_smile: