Poster size rules

Hello, my team is creating the poster and we would like to know if there is a minimum and maximum size for the poster. We saw a photo of a poster measuring 1.2 meters high. Are there any rules?

1 Like

I saw in an old post that the maximum size was 120x90. Is that still it?

I also have the same question. Does anyone know anything about poster sizes?

In the past, I have seen anywhere from approx. 60x90cm to 90x120cm.
A good question to the committee - @Matej ?

I saw often posters too small, example A4 or A3 or A3+ size or similar. Usually we put the poster inside a cylinder to protect it. The dimension of a cabin baggage is usually 40X25X20 (the small one). So a dimension minimum of a bit less than 40 cm. can be a good compromise (must be put inside the cylinder). Unfortunately A2 is 420X594 mm. The longest dimension must be not too big so the organizers can manage and put the poster without problems. I suggest 120 cm. maximum (?). Or fix a single standard dimension for every poster example A2. My 2 cents. Waiting a clear answer.

I think it would be easiest for committee member to specify from the following sizes if possible:
A3 297mmX420mm
A2 240mmX594mm
A1 594mmX841mm
A0 841mmX1189mm

1 Like

As LOC we have reserved space for A0 posters.
We don’t know if deviating from this size is allowed ( @M.Edwards ?).

Hello all, we have clarified this with all the leagues and, the formal poster size is now specified in the General Rules: RoboCupJunior General Rules – RoboCupJunior

A1 will be the official size going forward.

Margaux- RCF Junior Exec

So, in the future, I do not understand when exactly, we must (mandatory) use A1? How to put it inside luggage? I agree with the dimensions but I suggest we send the PDF and the organization print it. Can be a solution? Recently during Hannover Euro Championship the give that “service”.

Hi Peter,

The rule states no larger than A1 so if you can only bring A2 or A3, that’s ok, but this is mainly in place to prevent teams from bringing massive A0 posters. At International events we have to find wall space for approximately 180 posters so you can imagine the problems we would have without these guidelines!

We currently don’t offer a printing service, but printing services are available on arrival. I have travelled with A1 posters in suitcases before so it is possible in a poster tube especially as a support for robot parts!

I will ask the LOC as collating a list of printing shops in Eindhoven to be sent out to teams via newsletters.

Hope this helps!

Margaux

1 Like