Distancing Questions

Hello there,
I was reading through the rules and was wondering about the distances to different places

1. What is the minimum distance from the line to the wall?
  2. What is the minimum distance from the closest end of an object to the wall?
  3. What is the minimum distance from an obstacle to a hill?
  4. Is it possible for an intersection to happen directly after a gap?
  5. Is it possible for a gap to happen directly after an obstacle?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi GamAzing5!

Ohh, many questions! I will try to answer it, but I can’t invent any measurements that are not in the rules.

First several of your questions are referring to “the wall”, but the rules only specify walls on the evacuation zone.

1. The minimum size between “walls” that the robot should be able to handle is 25x25cm (see rule 1.6.1.). The line is supposed to be in the middle of a doorway, so it means the distance from line to door-frame is about 10cm.

2. What kind of object? Obstacles can be located anywhere (almost, see Questions about obstacles). They can be touching walls. But it can be hard and it is something I never use at the Swedish national competition, just at the last days of the international.

3. See 2. Obstacles can be located anywhere (almost, see Questions about obstacles).

4. Yes, we don’t have such limitations. But it is also hard so I would not recommend any to have an intersection just after a gap. But it is allowed.

5. Yes, it is possible. The obstacle can even be placed in a gap. But it is not recommended.

Don’t focus on these very very hard cases before you solve the other normal mission perfect 10 of 10 times :slight_smile:

// Fredrik Löfgren, TC and OC member 2016 / 2017