[CfP] New Simulation (Demonstration) Competition - RoboCupJunior 2021 International Event

Dear all,

This is a call for participation for teams that would like to participate in the New Simulation (Demonstration) competition for the RoboCupJunior 2021 international event.

For more information, please visit the selection event page on Rescue community website. All the league specific information is (and will be) posted there.

The selection of teams will be conducted by the international TC and OC, and will happen during the second half of May 2021.

Deadlines:

• Document and video submission: 21st May 2021 (23:59:59 UTC)

Important links:

Please share with those who are interested!

Kai
2021 TC

1 Like

Dear Kai,
im Fabrice, Coach of the i-bots teams. I have some questions regrading the qualification for the finals of the Robocup 2021 and the rating results of the teams.

1. How many teams (including all countries) can qualify for the finals?
  2. How many teams will be participating in the first round of the tournament?
  3. Will the teams get to see their detailed result of the TC’s and OC’s rating? Is there a kind of evaluation sheet the team is allowed to see?
  4. How much do the submitted runs count in comparison to the criteria of the Team Qualification Guideline?

I would be happy to hear back from you.
Best regards,
Fabrice Zeug

Dear @fabrice_i-bots3

1 and 2: Could you please explain what do you mean by first round and final ? Do you mean the qualification round and the international competition?

1. Teams will receive feedback on the submission documents which is evaluated by TC and OC individually. Teams should follow the qualification guideline and try your best to outline the bullet points given after “… The ranking is decided by RCJ Rescue TC and OC, and will be based on a rubric and discussion looking at: …” in the qualification document. The evaluation is performed using a rubric derived from these bullet points and a discussion between committee members, but this will not be disclosed.

2. Firstly, both the runs and the TDP will be viewed holistically. There is no clear cut answer to the percentage of the performance in the run counting to the final “score” of the qualification. However, I would advise teams to NOT do the following: work to get a perfect score on the qualification map and poorly present the TDP. We would like to see teams systematically approaching the task, so it is not a big downside if there are areas of the field that is challenging. However, for such challenging tasks, teams should clearly outline the technical development from the time of writing until the international competition.

I hope this helps!

Kai
2021 TC

Dear Kai,
thanks for the fast and detailed reply.

1. and 2.: Yeah, I meant the qualification and the international competition.

Best regards,
Fabrice

Dear @fabrice_i-bots3

We cannot disclose the number of the teams that applied to the qualifications (at least just yet).

We will select over 10 teams for the internationals. The announcement to each team whether they are selected or not will come later this week.

Kai
2021 TC

Dear all,

Thank you for participating in the Qualification Event. We have sent the results to the participating teams individually via e-mail at 4:00 a.m.(UTC) on the May 28th. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam mailbox.

In the next few days, we’ll be sending you feedback from our reviewers, which we hope you’ll find some useful for your future development/study.

Thank you,
Ryo
RoboCupJunior Rescue TC / OC Co-Chair