4.5.6 the robot exits the evacuation zone while carrying victims

Hello
I read “RoboCupJunior Rescue Line Rules 2023”. (RCJRescueLine2023RulesFinal.pdf)
so I have some questions.

4.5.6 Suppose a lack of progress occurs as the robot exits the evacuation zone while carrying victims. In that case, the victims will be randomly placed in the evacuation zone.

Once the robot has entered the evacuation zone and goes out from the entrance of the evacuation zone , it is LOP. This is clear.

Then

Q.1 The robot goes out the exit of the evacuation zone while carrying the victim. Is this LOP?
I think it’s not LOP. correct?

Q.2 The robot goes out the exit of the evacuation zone while carrying the victim. After that, when LOP occurs, Will the victim be removed from the robot and returned to the evacuation zone?

Q.3 The restart at the LOP is behind the evacuation zone. Even in this case, Will the victim be removed from the robot and returned to the evacuation zone?

Regards,
MASA

Hi MASA,

Q.1 Correct, leaving the evacuation zone through the exit tile while carrying a victim is not considered a LoP.

Q.2 Correct, once a LoP occurs the victim(s) will be removed from the robot and will be returned to the evacuation zone.

Q.3 Correct, if the last checkpoint the robot visited is before accessing the evacuation zone, if a LoP occurs the robot will be returned there. If the LoP happened after the evacuation zone (and before the next checkpoint) the victim will be removed and placed again randomly (it’s the scenario from the previous question).

Thanks,

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee

Hello @Dieguinilombrin

Thank you reply.

I understand Q.1 and Q.2.
I will ask Q.3 again.

Q.4
Start → CP1(Check Point 1) → evacuation zone → CP2 → Goal
On such a course, the robot left the evacuation zone while carrying the victim and passed CP2.
If LOP occurs, the robot will restart from CP2.
At this time, will the victim be removed from the robot and returned to the evacuation zone?

Regards,
MASA

Hello @MASA ,

Your explanation is correct :slight_smile: and if you further see, it’s following the same scenario as Q.2 (lack of progress occurs while holding a victim outside of the evacuation zone).

Thanks!

Diego Garza Rodriguez
2023 Committee