RCJ Soccer Simulation at RoboCup Worldwide 2021: Qualification

@abal Yeah. We do not provide any default python files. Everything you want to use has to be submitted in your submission.

Hello @mareksuppa,

We are Team Reset from Taiwan and we would like to ask the following questions regarding the poster and the interview that was being brought up in the rules (Sections 7.2 and 7.3).

1. If teams do have to participate in poster sessions, when would the poster be due, and when would the online poster sessions be held?
  2. When would the interviews be held? Would it be before the code submission date or after the code submission date?
  3. How would the interview and poster sessions look like? Are the rubrics for the interview and poster the same as previous years?
  4. How much would the interview and poster sessions weigh in the competition?

Thank you!

Team Reset

Hi @thomastseng0380,

These are all very good questions. Please stay tuned for a communication from our side next week, which should answer all of them.

Thanks!

– Marek

So we can just use the given rcj_soccer_robot.py file in our program even though it isn’t written by ourselves?

If this is true, our renamed files compared to the example program now look like this:

rcj_soccer_team_blue.py/rcj_soccer_team_yellow.py --> robot.py

and all the other files stay the same:
robot1.py
robot2.py
robot3.py
utils.py
rcj_soccer_robot.py

Thank you
Tim

Hi @T-N-S

Yes, feel free to copy rcj_soccer_robot.py file, there is no problem with that.

And yeah, rcj_soccer_team_blue.py/rcj_soccer_team_blue.py can be renamed to robot/robot.py and it should work.

Hey guys,
When we can upload our code for official tournament ?
Thanks

Hi I have some problem.
I use numpy module in our program, because website say we can use external libraries numpy and scipy.
But when I check the quick match after submit, the result say “No module named ‘numpy’”.

Hey @mrssd,

You can do so right now – the website to use is https://checker.rcjsim.soccer/ (your mentor has received the login details for your team).

Hope this helps!

Hi @sean10776,

Thanks for flagging this!

There was indeed a bug in our deployment pipeline which has caused this issue. I believe it should have been fixed already – please try it out once again and let me know if you run into any further issues.

Thanks!

It’s ok know. Thanks!!! :blush:

Hi @thomastseng0380,

Just a followup on my message above – your mentor’s email has (hopefully) received the first newsletter which should answer most of your questions.

If that’s not the case, please let us know and we’ll try to sort it out right away.

Thanks!

Hi!
I wanna ask if there will be certificates for winners like first, second and third place in the soccer simulation qualifier competition last month?
It would be greatly appreciated if there are certificates.

Hi @OsaMaYooo,

I assume you are asking about the upcoming Worldwide competition that’s starting on the 22nd of June.

If that’s the case, I can confirm that there will be trophies/certificates for the teams that will end up on the first, second and third place in the “individual” (that is non-SuperTeam) competition of the Simulation Challenge.

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Hi everyone,
we are participating in the Soccer Simulation League. Do we need to participate at the Poster session and the Technical Challenges, or is it only for the “normal” Soccer League?

Thank you very much

Hi @Eddie,

That is a very good question indeed!

We do expect every team, be it in the “normal” or the simulated Soccer league to prepare a short (3 minute) video as well as a Team Description Paper (TDP), which will describe how the team’s robots/code work in greater detail.

The reason why that’s the case is that we believe that the best part of RoboCup (whether it is Major or Junior) is sharing your ideas with others who faced similar problems. This is tough to do in a virtual environment but we believe that a combo of short video + technical paper might give us a nice balance of doing so. As a bonus, we’ll have a nice set of artifacts which can serve as inspiration for many even after the competition finishes.

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Thank you for the fast reply.
Will there be a Template for the TDP?

Hi @Eddie,

While there won’t be a RCJ Soccer specific template per-se, the rubrics strongly recommend you use the Springer Lecture Notes on Artificial Intelligence template, which you can download on the following webpage: https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines

Practically speaking, I would say this is a great time to try out LaTeX (should you be so courageous) – it’s like a programming language for technical documents and something you may run into in the future:

Hope this helps!

– Marek

Hi everyone,

how can we send the short video and Team Description Paper for the soccer simulation League?
We must upload them somewhere?
Also, poster session is a live session where team will present their work or we must send to you a prerecorded presentation.

Thank you

Hi @abal,

That’s a very good question.

We will provide more information in the upcoming newsletter but to answer your question, yes, it would be best for your video to be uploaded somewhere, so that you can share just a link with us (which is by far the easiest way of managing the whole thing).

The poster session will indeed be a live event (in the sense that the team will be there to answer potential questions about their work) but we ask for a short, 3 minute pre-recorded video that would summarize your work as well. This is so that your “poster stand” can have a video (and/or TDP) even when you will not be available “live”. There are a couple reasons why we do this but probably the most important one is that this allows us to mitigate the issues with timezones, at least a little bit.

Should you have any more questions, please do not be afraid to ask further.

Thanks!

– Marek

Hello, Mareksuppa
I am Handricks and I’m an individual from the Aperture Robotics Soccer. Do I have to pay a charge to take an interest in the opposition? what’s more on the off chance that I go to worldwide rivalry do I need to pay once more?