FYI: Total Score Example

Hey all,

to explain the new calculation of the total score in more detail, we have prepared a small example for you. The calculation will be the same for all three sub-leagues (Line, Maze and Simulation).
The example is available in the documents section of our community website.
If you have any further questions about the score calculation, feel free to ask in this thread.

Best,
Alexander
2023 Committee

1 Like

I have a question. On page 3 of the Scoring Explained example it says “When removing the lowest field score, the normalized value will be chosen” and shows an example of removing the lowest normalized value from each team.

However, in the Rescue Line rules, I see no mention of removing the lowest score. It simply says on page 21:

(NORMALIZED FIELD SCORE) = (FIELD SCORE) / (FIELD SCORE OF BEST TEAM)

I also didn’t see it in the maze rules.

Hey Dennisma,

yes you are right.
The rules do not stipulate that the best y out of x runs must be scored in a tournament.
This depends on the format of the competition and can be freely decided by the organizers.
Technically you could have lets say 8 rounds and score all 8. In this case you could take rule 4.6.15 as it is. → (TOTAL SCORE) = 0.8 x (MEAN OF NORMALIZED FIELD SCORES)…

The example is addressed specifically to the upcoming world championship in Bordeaux.
We have been using this procedure for several years, but it has never been explicitly written into the rules.
One reason for this is that if due to unknown circumstances e.g. only four rounds are possible, all runs can be scored. Or in case of a higher number of runs, two runs can be taken out of the evaluation without being restricted by the rules.

I hope I could help you with this.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Alexander
2023 Committee

Ok thanks. I am making a spreadsheet for calculating all the normalized and final scores and throwing out the lowest score was not something I had put into the calculation.