we’re considering moving enlarging the playing area on the field (not enlarging the tables themselves). It would look like this:
- lines move outwards by 15cm (so they basically end up right in front of the ramps on the sides). This would mean that any balls that get pushed or kicked out of the playing field would most likely immediately return.
- Robots would then not fit outside the line anymore and would only be considered out of bounds if they hit the walls.
- The goals would move along with the lines and no balls would fit behind the goals anymore.
- The penalty area would be widened by 10cm (5cm each side) to keep robots further away from the goal posts which are a one of the few remaining problem spots at the moment
- The neutral spots would move outwards from in front of the goal posts to the side of the penalty areas to shooting/pushing a ball just forwards from a neutral spot would be less likely to go into the goal without the robot knowing where it’s going.
What do you think? I did not put a poll in because this topic seems too complex for multiple choice. Please make your opinion known, not just for the effect of high-level teams but also what you think about the effect of this for entry-level teams.